Social Media and self-promotion may not come naturally to you, but everyone has to do it to make the business work. If you do it right, you don’t even have to self-promote to make your social strategy work.
In this tutorial, we talk about how to use Buffer and Klout to schedule and measure your social media interactions. Its hard to do anything without process or analysis.
Here are some simple steps you can follow to creating an online social presence for your business efficiently.
Accounts you'll need (and Extensions too)
- Twitter account for your business
- Facebook Business Page
- LinkedIn Business Page
- Google Plus Business Page
Buffer and Klout? but why?
- Product Hunt: http://www.producthunt.com/
- Engadget: http://engadget.com
- SEO land: http://searchengineland.com/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/
Tips & Tricks
- It’s best practice to mention the other party in the Tweet (EX: @ydseattle nice website!) This increases the likelihood that the other party will interact with you. Be hot on their tails if they do interact with you. Give them a follow and they might just give you one back.
- Keep it short. Messages should be shorter than longer.
- Hashtag relevant words within your sentences.
- Include engaging images so that your Tweet shows up larger in the sea of Tweets